REGISTRATION IS OPEN! Click to complete the registration form on the Stroke Camp website. Scroll to select the May 20-22 session at the Redemptorist Center in Tucson.
As a result of the generous support from The Gordon Foundation, the Stroke Resource Center of Southern Arizona has partnered with Refresh and Retreat Stroke Camp to provide the first ever 3-day weekend stroke camp retreat in Tucson for stroke survivors and caregivers.
The mission of Refresh and Retreat Stroke Camp is to “improve the quality of life for stroke survivors, caregivers, and their families.” The retreat features various activities such as games, education sessions, discussion groups, hiking/walking, entertainment, and more!
- When: May 20, 21, and 22, 2016
- Where: Redemptorist Renewal Center, 7101 Picture Rocks Road, Tucson
The three day weekend retreats are designed specifically for stroke survivors, caregivers, and their family members and adaptations are made to the best of our ability so that everyone can participate. Survivors are encouraged to attend with a caregiver. If survivors will be coming alone, they need to be able to perform all activities of daily living with minimal assistance. Volunteers are available to provide a helping hand, but will not provide skilled nursing.
- Registration for the general public begins on April 7th. Space is limited to 20 survivors and 20 caregivers. Click to register. Questions? Call the Stroke Camp at (309) 688-5450.
General information for the camp can be found at http://www.strokecamp.org/.
Please thank our camp sponsors!
- Stroke Resource Center of Southern Arizona
- The Gordon Foundation
- William “Bill” Feinberg Stroke Endowment and Dept. Neurology, University of Arizona
- Health South Rehabilitation Institute of Tucson
- Carondelet St. Mary’s Hospital
- Tucson Medical Center